Tuesday, May 28, 2013

CLEAN TILE GROUT

I saw a post about this grout cleaner and finally tried it. It WORKS! Here are 2 shots of my kitchen floor:

After cleaning:

Not cleaned yet:

Then I tried it on this table -- I had forgotten that the grout was actually white to start with:


Here is what it looked like couple years ago (after about 8 years use):

FORMULA

7 cups water
1/2 cup baking soda
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 c vinegar (I used white)

Shake it up in a spray bottle. Spray on grout, wait a couple minutes and scrub. This is so easy. No hard scrubbing -- just brush lightly with a scrub brush. I found that it does leave a residue so tile should be wiped with a wet cloth after cleaning grout.

I always want things to do multiple duty so I tried it on the black spots on the rubbery caulk in the shower but it didn't do the trick. Just lightened it a bit. Maybe repeated use would eventually fade it. I also tried it on a small section of vinyl floor. Again had the residue issue but it might have possibilities for older vinyl that has dirt embedded in the texture. For grout it's amazing.

4 comments:

  1. It really DID make a difference on your grout :)
    When you find something that works on the rubbery caulk in the shower, be sure to let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The difference is actually more dramatic in real life than in the photo. Now I just have to do the rest of the floor :) If I ever find a solution to the other problem you can bet everyone will hear about it. I am going to try some more applications of this stuff because it did help more than anything else I've used.

      Delete
  2. I'd be happy my 'after' grout looked half as good as your 'before' grout. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me feel good. It's rare that my housekeeping level is higher than someone else's!

    ReplyDelete